Vessel Roadside Assistance
This is a 24/7/365 days service. The primary objective is to affect on-the-spot mobility at the roadside.
Services offered include:
Road Patrol for the Vessel –
- Change of a flat tyre
- Minor roadside-running repairs
- Breaking system
This service is limited to R2000
Road Patrol for the Vehicle -
- Fuel assistance (a maximum of 10 litres)
- Jump start flat battery (replacement of battery for the member’s account)
- Key-lockout service (a flat rate is charged for the call out as well as the first hour labour
within major metropolitan areas)
Minor roadside-running repairs (electrical, coil, immobiliser, battery-related breakdowns)
This service is available on an access only basis.
Towing for Mechanical breakdown for the Vessel
This is a 24-hour service. The primary objective of the tow truck is to tow a vessel to the nearest storage yard or to the nearest approved repairer. This service is limited to R2000 thereafter the member to cover additional costs.
Accident Towing for the Vessel
In the event of an accident, it will be arranged for the vessel to be towed to the nearest approved storage yard, boat/trailer repairer or boat dealership with necessary facilities (limited to 100km from the incident).Should this distance be further than 100km, approval needs to be given through Club Marine Assist and Lifestyle Programme. This service is offered on an access basis only
, and as such all costs are for the members account or subject to the Club Marine Insurance Policy. In the event of the Vessel being involved in an accident, your Club Marine Insurance Policy will cover this within the insured limits.
Towing for Mechanical breakdown for the Vehicle
This is a 24-hour service. The primary objective of the tow truck is to tow a vehicle to the nearest storage yard or to the nearest approved repairer. This is on an access only basis.
Accident Towing for the Vehicle
In the event of an accident, it will be arranged for the vehicle to be towed to the nearest approved storage yard or dealership with necessary facilities. This service is offered on an access basis only, and as such all costs are for the members account. (Refer to your vehicle insurance policy for further clarity)
In the event that a vehicle or vessel has broken down more than 100km from the member’s home and the vehicle or vessel has been towed through the Club Marine Assist & Lifestyle programme, the member will be covered for 24-hour, group-B car hire for the member to complete his/her journey or to return home. This service is subject to availability and the driver must be in possession of a valid credit card and driver’s license. The service is limited to R1000 and includes the costs of the daily car rental, rates per km travelled, and the delivery / collection charges of the vehicle to a maximum of 25km respectively. The cost of fuel will be for the member’s account.
Arrangements can be made for overnight accommodation for the driver and four passengers. The service is limited to R1000. Any further costs will be for the members account.
General Terms & Conditions
- Services will only be rendered to members with active Club Marine Insurance “marine” policies.
- Roadside assistance – Cover for the vessel is in place for mechanical and accident towing services only. Roadside assistance for both vehicles and vessels outside of South African borders (including Namibia, Botswana and/or Mozambique) will be charged for the members own account.
- All services must be authorised, arranged and managed by the Club Marine Assist & Lifestyle programme call centre subject to the client’s policy document. Any costs incurred through arrangements made by the member without prior authorisation from this call centre, shall not be reimbursed.
- In the event of a mechanical or electrical breakdown, the vessel is to be towed directly to the boat dealership/repairer. If after hours, or dealer is unable to make arrangements for delivery, the vessel is to be towed to the nearest First Road storage yard for overnight storage until alternative arrangements can be made.
- An accident shall be defined as damage to the vessel (which will require repair at a boat or trailer repairer) as a result of a collision with another vehicle or object. An accident shall also include instances where the vessel is disabled due to fire or water damage, as well as attempted theft or hijacking.
- In the event of an accident, the vessel or vehicle is to be towed to the closest approved repairer or dealership. If after hours or boat repairer is unable to make arrangements for delivery, the vessel is to be towed to a yard for overnight storage until alternative arrangements can be made.
- A customer will not be entitled to service where:
- The vehicle is not in a roadworthy condition
- The vessel is already at a place of repair
- The vessel is not covered by the policy
- This Roadside Assist Benefit does not refund:
- Labour overtime or cellular-phone charges, toll gate fees, call out fees, weekend levies, storage charges, hitching/salvage/recovery fees and the cost of spare parts
- Repair charges
- Charges for assistance rendered by a private person
- Charges for assistance required due to participation in a motorised sporting event
Maximum benefit payable per policy per annum of R2 000 applies unless the members policy supports additional cover. Call the Club Marine claims number for further detail when required.