This is a 24/7/365 days service. The primary objective is to affect on-the-spot mobility at the roadside.
Services offered include:
Road Patrol for the Vessel/Trailer Unit
• Change of a flat tyre
• Minor roadside-running repairs
• Breaking system
This service is limited to a maximum of R550 excluding vat. All excess values, will be for the policy holder’s account.
Towing for Mechanical breakdown for the Vessel /Trailer Unit
This is a 24-hour service. The primary objective of the tow truck is to tow a vessel to the nearest storage yardto the nearest approved repairer. This service is limited to a maximum distance of a 40km roundtrip. All Excess distances required, will be for the policy holder’s account.
Accident Towing for the Vessel/Trailer Unit
In the event of an accident whereby the vessel cannot be pulled by the vehicle, it will be arranged for the vessel to be towed to the nearest approved storage yard, boat/trailer repairerboat dealership with necessary facilities.
This service is limited to a maximum distance of a 40km roundtrip. All excess distances required, will be for the policy holder’s account.
• Roadside assistance – Cover for the vessel is in place for mechanical and accident towing services only. Roadside assistance vessels outside of South African borders (including Namibia, Botswana and/or Mozambique) will be charged for the members own account.
• All services must be authorised, arranged and managed by the McCRYSTAL INSURANCE BROKERS Assist & Lifestyle programme call centre subject to the clients’ policy document. Any costs incurred through arrangements made by the member without prior authorization from this call centre, shall not be reimbursed.
• In the event of a mechanicalelectrical breakdown, the vessel is to be towed directly to the boat dealership/repairer per panel listing provided by McCRYSTAL INSURANCE BROKERS. If after hours,dealer is unable to make arrangements for delivery, the vessel is to be towed to the nearest First Road storage yard for overnight storage until native arrangements can be made.
• An accident shall be defined as damage to the vessel (which will require repair at a boattrailer repairer) as a result of a collision with another vehicleobject. An accident shall also include instances where the vessel is disabled due to firewater damage, as well as attempted thefthijacking
• In the event of an accident, the vessel is to be towed to the closest approved repairerdealership panel provided by McCRYSTAL INSURANCE BROKERS. If after hoursboat repairer is unable to make arrangements for delivery, the vessel is to be towed to a yard for overnight storage until native arrangements can be made.